Work With Us
The House Theatre of Chicago seeks friendly, energetic Audience Services Associates to join our staff to support our patrons’ theatre-going experience! Audience Services Associates fulfill box office and front-of-house duties on-site at performance venues, as well as at our headquarters.
This position is part-time (5 to 15 hours per week) and reports to the Audience Services Manager. This is primarily a patron-facing role that requires evening and weekend availability (with some weekdays), and works out of our headquarters in North Center and the Chopin Theatre in Wicker Park. Audience Services Associates are responsible for staffing the box office when the Audience Services Manager is off, and mostly work on their own.
- Answer questions by phone, email, and in person
- Fulfill ticket requests using online ticketing software
- Process Memberships and Member ticket reservations
- Sell merchandise
- Run the Will Call ticket pick-up at the theatre
- Serve as House Manager at the theatre during some performances
- Oversee ushers at each performance and ensure their duties are fulfilled
- Other duties assigned by Audience Services Manager and Director of Marketing and Audience Development, as required
- Previous in-person customer service experience
- Strong sense of accountability and ability to work independently
- Ability to multitask, think on your feet, and complete daily tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills in person, on the phone, and over email
- A passion for the arts, especially for the value of new and original work
- Proven ability to navigate Microsoft Office suite and Google web apps
Other Qualifications (Not Required):
- Previous arts administration experience
- Previous box office experience
- Previous experience with Total Info or other CRM software
Audience Services Associates are hourly staff members at a rate of $12/hr
Flexible scheduling and complimentary tickets to The House mainstage shows.
This position is hourly, to begin immediately.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume with two references to Erik Schroeder, Managing Director, at email@example.com with the subject “NAME - Audience Services Associate candidate”. No phone calls, please.
Become a House Host!
Love the House? Love talking to people? Want a Front of House experience for your resume? All of the above? We'd love your help! We rely on our House Hosts to perform the duties of a house manager (greeting, seating assistance, etc.), as well as to start conversations and bring communities together! Even if you've never seen a House show before but would love the chance to host, we can make that happen. You'll get a T-shirt, and you and a friend will get to watch the show for free! If you're interested, apply by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your contact information, any House shows you've seen before, what performances you'd like to host (we ask for a minimum of three for one run), and anything else you'd like us to know!
Click here to sign up for updates about internships at the House!
We occasionally need help sawing wood and hammering nails in the week before a show. If you want to assist with some carpentry for the arts, contact production manager Jeremy Wilson. email@example.com
Are you excellent at cold-calling? Do you just love licking envelopes? If you’d like to contribute your time during one of The House’s subscription or donation campaigns, or have other skills you can contribute and think we need to know about, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!